Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Taste Testing!

This is random and fun!  Last week, I realized that we had 4 different kinds of peanut butter in the pantry - creamy and crunchy Peter Pan, Skippy, and Jif.   What can I say, I like variety.  I decided to do a blind taste test to find out what the family really liked best. 

Each family member got a paper plate and 4 white plastic spoons I labeled 1 through 4 on the handle with a sharpie.  Then I put a little of each kind of peanut butter on the spoons.  I set the table with the plates and a small glass of water for each person.  I called the fam in and sat them down (I acted all formal and had a little clip board) and told them we were all going to test each butter together and judge them for taste and texture.  We tasted them one by one and commented - cleansing our palates in between.  Only mommy knew which was which.

As a long time crunchy Peter Pan girl, it was interesting to see that 3 out of 4 of us preferred Jif creamy - go figure!

All in all - totally worth our time - fun, free, and informative! You can try this with lots of foods - apple varieties, potato chip flavors, salsas, m&ms - whatever.  Family Approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment